Super Green Pasta.
This pasta sauce is SO green, there’s no way it’s not healthy!
- 1 ripe avocado
- large handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (add this if you’re vegan or lacking in B12), if not, a type of grated hard cheese would probably make a good substitute.
- 6 asparagus spears
- 6 medium mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 cup peas
- 75g pasta per person
- Pine nuts to serve (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop and sautee the mushrooms and onion until softene (5 mins).
- Add the asparagus to the onions and mushrooms.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and add to a blender (I used my smoothie maker!), add the basil, garlic, nutritional yeast/cheese and season generously.
- Add a ladle full of the pasta water to the blender and blitz. If the sauce needs loosening, add more of the pasta water.
- Add the sauce to the sauteed veg and stir in over a low heat.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the veg and sauce mix.
- To serve, add a few pine nuts to the hope and some more cheese/nutritional yeast if you want.